Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tomato Basil Chicken

I made this last night for Pat and I. I opened the fridge to find the chicken and had no idea what I was going to make until I looked out the kitchen window and saw the fresh basil. This was a quick favorite with Pat, and I love the fact that I can throw it together in less than 15 minutes. Steam some veggies to go with it and you have a perfect meal. Hope everyone enjoys!

1 lb Boneless Chicken Breast (thin cut)
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
4 Cloves Garlic
1/4 cup Fresh Basil
4 tbs grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper


Heat olive oil in pan. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic to the heated oil and saute. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add chicken to hot pan and cook completely. Add diced tomatoes, remaining crushed garlic and fresh basil to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve each chicken breast with a 1/4 of the sauce and 1 tbs of grated Parmesan Cheese.

Makes: 4 serving
Calories: 207 Fat: 7g Carbs: 6g Fiber: 1g Protein 29. (Listed on myfitnesspal as Granite Fit - Tomato Basil Chicken)

No comments:

Post a Comment