Friday, September 18, 2009

Reach the Beach - Pre Race

I got a facebook message yesterday morning from Pat's cousin Corey. The two of use have done a few road races together this summer. She had a team she was on that is running the Reach the Beach Relay and they had a team member cancel two days before the race. So as of yesterday I'm running the Reach the Beach Relay, which just happens to start today. Am I crazy? Probably a little but this is something I've always wanted to do. Right now I'm in the middle of training for a half marathon at the end of October. So I believe that between that and the Insanity and P90X Beachbody workouts I should be able to concur anything!!!!!

The race is a total of 200 miles over 36 legs. I will be running 3 of the legs and still only hours before the start I don't know which of the legs I am running or exactly how many miles I'll be running. Okay this really is starting to sound a little crazy, but it also sounds like a ton of fun. I'll be posting the results as soon as I get some rest on Sunday.

For most of you that probably haven't hear what the Reach the Beach Relay is here is a description of the course from their website (http://www.rtbrelay.com/):

"The Reach The Beach (RTB) Relay is the longest distance running relay race in the United States. The RTB Relay will take place in picturesque New Hampshire during the start of the New England foliage season. The event will start at the Cannon Mountain in Franconia, NH.

Cannon is located in beautiful Franconia Notch State Park and is right off of I-93; an easy two and a half hour drive from downtown Boston, MA. From there, the course will take the teams through the White Mountains of New Hampshire, past fields, lakes, mountain top vistas, and the occasional covered bridge; ultimately finishing along the Atlantic coastline at Hampton Beach State Park NH.


Hampton Beach is located 1 hour from downtown Boston off of I-95 and is just 10 miles south of Portsmouth, NH. Its beautiful beaches and many state parks make it a major three-season tourist destination. The finish area at Hampton Beach State Park will host a post race party for all competitors, sponsors, volunteers, family and friends. There will also be provisions made for massage, music, food and fun."

Well I better finish packing so I can head up north. I'll be back with pictures and video Sunday.

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment