Friday, November 6, 2009

Manchester City Half Marathon

I ran my second half marathon on November 1st at the Manchester City Marathon. The course went through Manchester, NH where I grew up and is considered to be one of the more challenging half marathon courses in the area.

Even with the tough course I was able to run a personal best of 1:49.48. I know that I wouldn’t have been able to with stand the beating your body takes without the extra training I did with P90X and Insanity. I know yoga with Tony Horton has helped to get all those sore muscles and legs stretched out. I meet some amazing people thru my training an along the course. I’m looking forward to my next half marathon in February in Hampton, NH along the ocean and hope to complete my first full marathon next May in Vermont.

I would like to thank Runner's Alley of Manchester, NH and everyone involved in the training group there. They made this half marathon training and event much more fun than my first.

You can check out some of my pictures of the half at the following site.

No comments:

Post a Comment