Thursday, February 11, 2010

Don't Feel Like Working Out....

I have had one of those weeks at work. I haven't been able to get out of work when I wanted too. I've had to take work home so I haven't gotten the amount of sleep I need. I have had too many other things thrown on my desk this week so I haven't been able to get my regular work done.

Today was the worst day of the week. It was actually nice out tonight and I wanted to get outside for my run, I dread having to run on the "dreadmill". Tonight, of course, I got out of work late and by the time I got home it was almost 6:30pm. I had a three mile run on the schedule and all I wanted to do was climb on the couch and nap. Instead I went right to my workout clothes and got changed and logged into WOWY.

I got on the dreadmill and still didn't want to do the three miles. I decided that I couldn't make the three miles any shorter but I could crank up the speed and intensity and get it done faster.



After 24:35 minutes I had covered my 3 miles tonight. Was it hard to do? Yes, but it was one heck of a workout and not the workout I thought I would have tonight on my way home. After the 3 miles I was dripping sweat, I felt like I could do anything, and my energy was thru the roof.

So next time that you think you don't have the energy or don't feel like getting in the workout. Just get dressed, wowy and push play you will probably amaze yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment