Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Vicky's Transformation Story

I was always very active in high school. I ran both track and cross country and lifted weights three days a week and weighted about 135 lbs. Once I went to college my time spent running and lifting began to slack and I put on the freshman fifteen. I was able to maintain that weight until I got pregnant with my son in 2000. The day I gave birth to my son my weight had ballooned up to 210 lbs. I knew I was pregnant but that number was still very hard to take. After having my son my weight fluctuated between 160lbs and 185lbs.

In December of 2005 I found Turbo Jam and was able through workout and eating healthy to get my weight down to 145 lbs. The lowest I had been since freshman year of college. Then I fell off the wagon, again. My biggest problem is always putting my family, work, etc before myself.

During the summer of 2007 my husband saw an infomercial for P90X and that was the start of our amazing journey together. We started with Power 90 and the lbs just began to fall off my body. I was amazed at how quickly I was making progress. After Power 90 we continued with Power 90 Masters for 90 days and then onto P90X. I was by far in the best shape of my life. With running just three days a week with the workouts I was able to run my first half marathon in under 2 hours in the spring of 2008.

Then in the summer of 2008 I again let life get in the way and began putting work and other things first. Pat had heart issues and was not able to work out so I didn't have my favorite workout partner to push be everyday and I started by missing one workout and then they all went out the window. I gained back some of the weight I lost but in January 2009 after Pat had been cleared by the doctor we got our priorities straight and are back on the path of fitness and health.

This is a life long journey and you need to just take it one step at a time. If you fall off, as we all do sometimes, just recommit and push play. Everyday I look forward to the changes I see in myself and how I'm able to push my body to complete tasks I never thought were possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment