- Buy Fruit and Veggies that are in Season - Here is a great website that list out the seasonal fruits and veggies by the month. Seasonal Fruits and Veggies
- Purchase Fruits, Veggies and other Healthy Items in Bulk - The bags of oranges and apples are the grocery store cost less than buying the individual fruit.
- Eat at Home - Preparing a meal at home with cost you a lot less than getting it at a restaurant and you can control the amount of fat and calories you put in the dish.
- Leftovers - These are a wonder for you budget. Leftovers from the night before can save you a significant amount of money over a fast food drive-thru meal.
- Protein - We all know that this can be the most expensive item we buy at the store. Stock up when it is on sale and freeze. Try buying a whole chicken which is cheaper than the boneless chicken breast and you can get multiple healthy meals out of it. The roast chicken one night, a chicken sandwich, and some chicken soup.
- Buy Frozen - Frozen fruits and veggies are frozen at peck freshness and are significantly cheaper than their fresh counterpart.
- Buy Large Containers Rather Than Individual - The large container of plain yogurt is cheaper than the individual containers of the flavored variety. Add a little frozen fruit and you have a cheaper and healthier option with less added sugar.
- Plan Ahead & Make a Menu - The number one way to save on your grocery budget is to plan you meals ahead for the week. Then make your list for the store and stick to it.