Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goals for 2010


Most of us have a long road to out fitness and personal goals. The most important thing you can do for your fitness and for your personal live is to set goals for yourself. Make sure you are settings fitness goals for things you can do physically and not just goals for a number on the scale or a pants size. We need to make sure we remember the most important reason to do any fitness routine is to be healthier and to be around longer for our loved ones. The outer physical effects are just a bonus to feeling better and living longer.

I spent a few hours last weekend sitting down and thinking about my goals for the next year. Of course like most of us I do have the scale or pant size goal, we all dream of that "Itsie Bitsie Tinie Winnie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" The goals I’m really looking forward to achieving this year are those things I have never done before but haven’t been physically able to do until now.

My first personal goal of 2010 is to run my first marathon. I have dreamed of being able to say I’ve completed one for over 10 years and this year I’m going to make it happen. Today I committed to that goal and put down my $85 registration fee and I’m now officially registered for the Vermont Marathon on May 30, 2010. To date I have done 2 half marathons and the leap from 13.1 to 26.2 miles is scare and so exciting. I can’t wait to report that I have completed it. So now for the next 18 weeks I will be putting in some serious mileage a long with my Beachbody workouts.

After I have completed my first marathon I will tackling another mountain. Which one? I will have to figure that out after marathon. Maybe another marathon, maybe qualify for the Boston Marathon (I’m dreaming big here). Who knows but I need the goals to keep pushing my fitness forward to new levels.

We all have those “mountains to climb” that we have dreamed of for years, 2010 is the year to make that happen! So write down that dream goal and commit to achieving it in 2010!

Vicky

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete