Sunday, January 10, 2010

January Workout Commitment

Almost all of us have a hard time sticking to a schedule and sticking with your workouts everyday. I have to admit with the holiday craziness I haven't been good about getting my workouts in. I have probably only worked out about 4 days a week instead of the 6 I normally do. For me I need to have a goal to work towards. This past fall it was the half marathon I ran on November 1st. Since then I have lost focus without a set goal. So I have now decided to commit to completing my first marathon.

The best way to succeed in your fitness goals it to commit to working out 5 or more days per week. I just spent the past hour planning out my workout schedule for the next 4 1/2 months. I'm running the Vermont Marathon on May 30, 2010 and have planned my running and workout schedule from tomorrow until May 30th. I have put all my workouts on a calendar and posted January here. After I finish blogging I'm posting the plan in the kitchen and my office where I can see it daily to remind me of what I have to do everyday.



I know I'll be spending a fair amount of time on the treadmill getting in some of my mid week miles since it is dark out when I get out of work. Never mind the snow and ice we get in New Hampshire in the winter. I love running, but I hate running on the treadmill. Some of those mid-week runs are going to be my hardest workouts. I'm just counting the days until we have more daylight and I can get outside to run for all of my runs.


I plan to mix up my resistance training with a little bit of Chalean Extreme and a little bit of P90X and Tony's One-on-One series. I hope this plan is the key to success for completing my first marathon, but only time will tell.


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment