Friday, April 3, 2009

Shakeology - Week 1

Well today is officially day 8 of Shakeology and I thought I would post a weekly review of the product. I received my Shakeology package on March 25th and couldn't wait to start. I ordered the chocolate because I'm a total chocoholic. I work during the day Monday through Friday so breakfast makes the most sense to use as my Shakeology meal. Day 1 Friday morning I mixed the chocolate Shakeology with a cup of skim milk, and 1/2 a cup of frozen strawberries. Not quite the same as chocolate covered strawberries, but very tasty. I had read that many people are having "gas" issues a few hours after drinking but I don't think they are any worse than with protein powder. I noticed even on the first day that my appetite was smaller, always a good thing.

Before starting Shakeology I was having trouble getting the scale to move and was starting to get very frustrated. I have been tracking my weight daily and these are the results I've seen over the past week.


I know what your thinking, you not suppose to get on the scale everyday. I do think that advice works for some people, but it doesn't work for me. If I stop getting on the scale everyday that is when I start to get in trouble with my diet.

So as of week one I am loving Shakeology. I found my favorite mix is 1 cup skim milk, 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1/2 banana and ice. It kind of feel like I'm having desert for breakfast. After the first week I think I have more energy. Not sure if it is just in my mind or if I actually do. It's not like I'm jumping out of bed in the morning but once I'm up I have more energy throughout the day and I'm not ready for bed as soon as I eat dinner. I can't wait to see the changes and how I feel with the second week of Shakeology. Stay tune for the week two results on April 10th.

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment