Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shakeology Week 6

This is week 12 of this round of P90X. Recovery week next week and then onto a new round. We're still trying to figure out exactly how we want to mix things up. Week six of Shakeology brought more steady progress on the scale. I was down 0.6lbs last week for a total of 7.2 lbs since the start.

This is not the fastest weight loss, but it is steady progress in the right direction and I can't beat the amount of energy I've had with it. I was able to spend the entire weekend working on getting the "popcorn" ceiling scraped off and applying a new ceiling texture. Not that I wasn't tired and sore by the end of the day, trust me I was, but I was able to work from 9 in the morning to 9 at night only breaking to cook and eat. In my opinion that is some serious energy.

I've also tried a different shakeology recipe this week. I am in love with the combination of peanut butter, 1/2 banana and instant coffee so it was hard for me to pull myself away from the wonderful concoction for one day to try something else. :) I added a tablespoon of coconut oil, which is one of the best oils/fats you can have, and some shredded coconut. It was yet a another blissful creation that tasted similar to a mounds candy bar. I may try it next time with a little almond milk to see if it would taste like an almond joy.

Can't wait to see what the final two weeks of P90X have in store for Pat and I. Stay tuned for part 7 on May 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment